If you want to register a domain name in Kenya, the following are registration requirements:
.KE Domain Names Requirements Kenya
Various .KE Third Levels
.KE is divided into various domain levels which serve different functions
- .co.ke – for Companies
- .or.ke – for Not-for-Profit-Making Organisations or NGO’s
- .ne.ke – for Network Devices
- .go.ke – for Government Entities(Requires Supporting Documents)
- .ac.ke – for Institutions of Higher Educations.( Requires Supporting Documents)
- .sc.ke – for Lower and Middle Institutes of Learning. (Requires Supporting Documents)
- .me.ke – for Personal names
- .mobi.ke – for Mobile content
- .info.ke – for Information
Some of the Domain Name extensions require “Supporting Documents” in order for them to be registered. These are:
This domain requires supporting documents from the Department of Government IT Services (GITS) at the Ministry of Finance. GITS should give an Authority Letter to show that the Entity is a valid Government institution or Agency and authorized to register the domain name.
Government Information Technology
gits @ treasury.go.ke
phane.nyaanga @ ict.go.ke
+254 20 2252299
KENIC will require either a copy of the Certificate of Registration from the relevant Ministry, a copy of the College Charter or a copy of the Act of Parliament that was passed to establish the Institute. The documents MUST bear the name of the Entity. The document should classify the Entity as a Tertiary Institution: Polytechnic, Technical Institute, College or University.
KENIC will require a copy of the Certificate of Registration from the Ministry of Education. The document MUST also bear the name of the Entity. The document should classify the Entity as a Kindergaten, Primary or Secondary School.
All domains that require supporting documents will generate a ticket that will only be closed by the KENIC Registry Services once the Supporting Documents have been received. Only when the Ticket is closed will the domain be published.