Are YOU looking for your next opportunity as a Data Center Technician? YOU should review our exciting opportunity to where you would be responsible to perform data center related cable and equipment installations as well as contribute to facilitating equipment moves/adds/changes within multiple EIG raised-floor data center facilities.
What you’ll do:
- You will support data center infrastructure plus various aspects of data center design & maintenance
- You will assist with procurement, asset tracking and participate in stand-ups
- You will consistently monitor work order output, generate quality metrics reporting and make recommendations on process improvements
Who you are:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Cable/Network Certification a plus
- You have experience in computer hardware troubleshooting, component functionality, compatibility, and assembly. Knowledge of test suites, benchmark software, etc.
- You will perform server and network troubleshooting as directed.
- You can work autonomously to resolve hardware, software, and service issues.
- We must maintain documentation of all technology.
- Keep data centers and shared spaces clean and organized.
- Maintain and manage hardware inventory for the office and datacenters.
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed
- Must be willing to work off-hours for scheduled changes or break-fix emergencies
- May be asked to work during inclement weather conditions
- May be asked to lift more than 50lbs repeatedly
- You have prior experience in a datacenter or similar telco/noc environment, including best practices in racking, cabling, air containment, and general maintenance.
- Data Center equipment and cable installation, detailed knowledge of cable types and options experience with NEMA plug types and voltage requirements. Experience using ticketing tools and processes (Change, Incident, Request).
- Familiarity with datacenter power infrastructure including PDU configuration, A+B power, three phase power, as well as load balancing and de-rating standards for circuits.
- Maintaining core datacenter infrastructure including patching of firmware, configuration changes, and general maintenance.
- Tracking inventory as it’s delivered and used in production.
- Following and implementing best practices for cabling, racking, power and general operations.
- Documenting everything from best practices to hardware deployments.
Why you’ll love us:
- Don’t sweat if you forget your lunch. If a free meal gets your excited, prepare to calm yourself – we have catered meals every day.
- It’s stunning here. Bridal Veil Falls, Mount Timpanogos, and Timpanogos Caves, Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, the Provo River, and Utah Lake State Park are among the most impressive and serene natural landmarks in the country, all at our doorstep. A bit further, discover the majesty of Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, and Arches National Park.
- Here, you’re a big deal. Close to a third of our customer transactions go through our Provo Data Center. When you’re talking about millions of customers, that’s no small task.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision – we’re there for you!