Below are the admission requirements for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor Surgery at Moi University:
To be admitted to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree programme, the candidate must satisfy the common requirements for entry into the University as stipulated in the Joint Admissions Board regulations. In addition, candidates must obtain at least the minimum cut off points for the year as determined from the following cluster drawn from the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education structure.
- Mean Grade of A- at KCSE: A- in Biology and Chemistry; and either Maths or Physics; and either English or Kiswahili- A Weighted Cluster Point of 45 and above is mandatory (using old JAB weighted cluster formula)
- Minimum of Division I in O’ Level with credit passes in Biology, chemistry ,Maths or Physics and English or Kiswahili and have principal passes in Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Maths at ‘A’ level
- Holders of Diplomas, BSc & Masters degrees in related subjects if:
- KCSE Graduates, have a Mean Grade of B and B in Biology, Chemistry and either Maths or Physics, and B in either English or Kiswahili.
- O’ Level and ‘A’ Level System: O’ Level – Division II with credit passes in Biology, and chemistry, and either Math or Physics and either English or Kiswahili. In A’ Level – Have principal passes in Biology, Chemistry and either Maths/ Physics.
- O’ level British GCE system: Have at least a B in Biology and Chemistry; and either Maths or Physics and English, additionally at A’ level have at least a B in Biology ,Chemistry and either Maths or Physics