There are several certificate courses in Kenya which are better than some degree courses. With just a certificate course, you’ll secure a well-paying job in Kenya. Your only challenge is to identify a certificate course in line with your passion, pursue it and seek employment or employ yourself. If you pursue a certificate like CFA, you are likely to earn over Ks 150,000 per month.
Some of the certificates require that you possess a degree course to enroll for them and eventually, they become more marketable than degree programs.
Here is a list of the most powerful certificates in Kenya:
Below is a list of those courses:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certificate in Animation and Graphic Design
- Certificate in Plumbing
- Certificate in Mobile Phone repair
- Certificate in Film/Video Programs Production
- CISCO Certified Network Administrator
- Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Certificate in IT
- Certificate in Software Engineering
- Certificate in Motor vehicle repair
- Certificate in Electrical and electronics engineering
If you pursue a certificate in Plumbing, you’ll start your own plumbing job which will eventually generate for you decent income. You can also opt to pursue a certificate in electrical and Electronics engineering and employ yourself.
Those pursuing some of the courses above are better than someone pursing a degree in general science. With a degree in general science, you have to pursue a masters course and specialize in one area, which is why you’ll find almost everyone in this field doing PhD in order to become a lecturer—simply because they can’t be employed with a basic degree course.
Computer and health related are the most popular and marketable certificate courses in Kenya. In future, most marketable jobs will be in these two areas, medicine and computer. For a person who need a lasting career that pays so well, pursue software engineering course.