Below are salaries for National Assembly Speaker ,MP.Deputy Speakerand Senator in Kenya:
|Speaker of the National
|Speaker of the Senate
|Deputy Speaker of the
|Deputy Speaker of the
|Leader of Majority Party
|Leader of the Minority Party
|Member of the National
- The monthly remuneration set herein shall be payable upon assumption of office of State officer in the 13th Parliament.
- The monthly remuneration is fixed for the term of office of a Member of Parliament, unless reviewed and set by SRC.
- The remuneration set herein takes into account the reviewed job evaluation grading and includes compensation for plenary sitting.
- (d) Salary Market Adjustment is a salary modification that takes into account market positioning, and constitutional and statutory principles for review of remuneration and benefits.
- For purposes of gratuity and pension, the pensionable emolument shall be based on the monthly basic salary set herein.
- The basic salary set herein is 60 per cent of the gross salary set herein.
- The deconsolidated remuneration structure set herein is in compliance with the judgment of the Employment and Labour Relations Court Petition 29 of 2019 in Nairobi.
- Benefits for State officers in the Senate and National Assembly
(a) Committee Sitting Allowance
State officers in the Senate and National Assembly who serve in Committees shall be paid Committee Sitting Allowance, as follows:
- Chairperson: Ksh 15,000 per sitting up to a maximum of Ksh 240,000 per month.
- Vice-Chairperson: Ksh 12,000 per sitting up to a maximum of Ksh 192,000 per month.
- Member: Ksh 7,500 per sitting up to a maximum of Ksh 120,000 per month.
- Official Transport:
- Speakers of the Senate and National Assembly: Shall be provided with an official car of engine capacity not exceeding 3000cc.
- Member of Parliament: Shall be provided with a Motor Vehicle Reimbursement of Ksh 7,550,000 for purchase of a car of engine capacity not exceeding 3000cc to undertake official duties as a Member of Parliament. The Motor Vehicle Reimbursement shall be payable to a Member of Parliament once in a parliamentary term.
- Car Maintenance Allowance: Shall be paid to a Member of Parliament at the rate of Ksh 356,525 per month.
- Mileage Claim: A Member of Parliament shall be reimbursed a claimable mileage of one return journey per a week from the National Assembly (Nairobi) to his/her constituency office at the rate of Ksh 116.63 per kilometre, based on a car of engine capacity not exceeding 3000cc.
- The Claimable Mileage Allowance is zoned into two, and claimable based on actual distance in kilometres (Km), from the National Assembly (Nairobi) to respective constituency offices, as follows:
- The maximum monthly reimbursable mileage shall be calculated based on 52 weeks in a year as follows: Maximum monthly reimbursable mileage = (maximum weekly return journey in km X 52 weeks X Ksh 116.63)/12 months.
- The Parliamentary Service Commission shall ensure that Members of Parliament are reimbursed within the maximum actual distance from the National Assembly (Nairobi) to respective constituency offices.
- Special Parliamentary Duty Allowance: Shall be paid up to a maximum of Ksh 150,000 per month to State officers in the Senate and National Assembly, whose duties involve added parliamentary leadership over and above the duties stipulated in one’s terms of service for which a regular salary is paid.
Note: The Parliamentary Service Commission shall apportion the rate of Special Parliamentary Duty Allowance, up to a maximum of Ksh 150,000 per month, to each of the designated State officers with leadership duties in Parliament, based on seniority as provided by the Constitution, Legislation or Standing Orders.
- Medical Benefit: An annual medical cover shall be provided to the State officer, one spouse and up to five children below twenty-five years fully dependent on the State officer, subject to a maximum cover limit, as follows:
Inpatient: Ksh 10 million
Outpatient: Ksh 300,000
Maternity: Ksh 150,000
Dental: Ksh 100,000
Optical: Ksh 100,000
- Retirement Benefit: Shall be as reviewed and set by SRC.
- Group Life Insurance: A State officer shall be covered for a value equivalent to three times of the annual pensionable emoluments.
- Group Personal Accident: A State officer shall be covered for a value equivalent to three times of the annual pensionable emoluments.
Car Loan and Mortgage Benefit: To be provided to State officers in the Senate and National Assembly once during a parliamentary term, as follows:
|Speakers of the Senate and National Assembly
|Up to Ksh 10 million
|Up to Ksh 40 million
|Members of the Senate and National Assembly
|Up to Ksh 8 million
|Up to Ksh 35 million
- The applicable interest rate shall be 3 per cent per annum, for the duration of the loan.
- The car loan shall be recoverable within the contract term of a State officer.
- The car loan and mortgage shall be administered and managed centrally by the Parliamentary Service Commission within existing applicable regulations to govern the schemes, and subject to the availability of funds.
- Daily Subsistence Allowance for local and foreign travels: Shall be paid to State officers in the Senate and National Assembly as per the rates reviewed and set by SRC from time to time.
- Airtime: To be paid at the following rates:
- Speakers of the Senate and National Assembly: Up to Ksh 25,000 per month.
- Members of the Senate and National Assembly: Up to Ksh 15,000 per month.
- Official Residence: The Speakers of the Senate and National Assembly shall be provided with an official residence together with commensurate home utilities and attendants by the State. The official residence shall be a physical building/house owned by government. The benefit shall not be commuted to cash in lieu of an official residence.
- Security: Shall be provided as advised by the Inspector General of Police and shall not be commuted to cash.
(m) Sitting Allowance for Plenary Sessions: Is abolished and ceases to be payable.
- Any remuneration and benefits not specified herein is not payable, unless subsequently set by SRC.