Below are available jobs at KRA on February 2023:
Supervisor – Information System (Internal Audit)
The job holder is responsible for carrying out review of the Authority’s Information System security to ensure technology in place and system controls are adequate
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Execute corporate Information System (IS) and related security audits designed to provide assessment of internal control processes and operational performance, in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA, and department standards.
- Assist in preparing detailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, development of an appropriate audit program and make necessary recommends for staff and budget to complete the project
- Prepare audit work papers documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and recommended management action.
- Prepare under minimal supervision draft audit findings on assessment of systems, processes and operations, and management’s planned corrective actions.
- Reviews of internal controls and security of existing systems, under development, new information systems and system changes on existing systems as well as major IT projects and initiatives.
- Carrying out ad hoc special assignments and investigations
- Contribute to and responsible for risk management and internal control within functional area.
- Support the development and updating of departmental risk register, identification and assessment of risks in operational areas, and contribute to risk mitigation.
I. Responsibility for Physical Assets
Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution
II. Decision Making
Makes decisions using standard operational procedures
III. Working Conditions:
Works predominantly within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Information Technology
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certification as a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Membership of ISACA or IIA
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience. At least one (1) out of the 3 years should have been in operational IT audit experience in an environment that provides exposure to sophisticated information systems audit techniques, network security, technology infrastructure, software development, project management, or a related field.
- Understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, including security and control risks such as logical and physical access security, change management, information security, business recovery practices and network technology.
- Knowledge of Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology, Accepted Auditing Standards, Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- High level of integrity
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)