University of Melbourne is one of the easiest universities to join for international students. But it’s hard to get if you don’t meet the minimum qualifications. You can join the university through a scholarship or by passing your education and getting direct entry into the university.
Entry requirements for international students:
Undergraduate course application eligibility
To apply for a Melbourne undergraduate degree, you’ll need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Complete the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or an equivalent qualification
- Meet any additional academic requirements necessary for application to your preferred undergraduate degree. These include prerequisite subjects, prerequisite tests, portfolio submission, interviews or auditions
- Meet the university’s English language requirement.
Meeting minimum entry requirements means you’re eligible to apply for our courses. It doesn’t guarantee selection. You need to apply for courses with Melbourne before you can be assessed for admission. Not all qualifications have been assessed for equivalency with the VCE. If you have completed a secondary school qualification that is not listed on our website, your eligibility for entry to an undergraduate course will be assessed on a case-by-case basis during the application process.
Minimum entry scores
Guaranteed or indicative entry scores have been set for international applicants seeking entry based on overseas secondary school qualifications, Australian secondary qualifications or through a foundation program.
If you meet the required scores, as well satisfy minimum entry requirements, subject prerequisites and English language requirements, you may be guaranteed entry into an undergraduate degree.
Guaranteed scores apply only if no further study has been undertaken after completion of your secondary education or foundation program.
You’ll need to satisfy subject prerequisite requirements for the course you’ve applied for. This ensures you have the right skills, knowledge and experience required for the course. If you haven’t, you can satisfy prerequisite requirements in a number of ways, including:
Past VCE Unit 3/4 or equivalent studies
You may satisfy your course prerequisite if you have completed the relevant VCE Unit 3/4 or equivalent subjects in the last 10 years.
An adult VCE program
You may complete one of the following programs to meet the prerequisite of your chosen course Adult Community Education (ACE), Technical and Further Education (TAFE) and Centre for Adult Education (CAE).
English language requirement
If you receive an offer conditional on meeting our English language requirement, you may meet this by completing an approved English language proficiency test or through previous study in English.
If you don’t meet the required qualifications for English proficiency, you can enroll in one of the three institutions for you to qualify:
- Trinity College Foundation Studies
- English language programs
- Equivalent tests for meeting subject prerequisites
You’ll need to accept your offer and enrol at Melbourne to receive you Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). With your CoE you can then apply for your student visa.
With an Australian student visa, you can only take full-time study in a CRICOS-registered course.
You need to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) before you arrive. You may also be required to do additional character and health tests where required.
Students under 18
If you’re under 18 years of age, you’ll also need to have appropriate accommodation, support and welfare arrangements in place in order to have your student visa approved.
It’s easier to enroll for a course at the University of Melbourne than most universities in UK and USA.
University of Melbourne Scholarships
You can also join by applying for a scholarship. Keep on checking for latest scholarships. If your application is approved, you will join the university—it’s easy to get admission once they give you a scholarship.
Here is one of the available scholarships:
University of Melbourne Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded)
If you are interested to study at top Australia University with fully funded scholarship then read this article through. Because in this article, we will explain in detail about University of Melbourne Scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
University of Melbourne Scholarship 2024-2025 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are offered for Masters and PhD studies. These scholarships cover full tuition fees, traveling allowance, living allowance of of $31,200 per year and academic expenses.
The University offers hundreds of prizes that are designed to reward hard work and achievement as you move through your course. From your first year in undergraduate study. through internships and through to your PhD., you can win prizes that will help you concentrate on your studies. These prices won’t just help you while you study – they’ll become an integral part of your CV.
Melbourne Model’ is structured for international flexibility, and sends over 1300 students abroad each year on a semester, year or short term intensive programs. Graduate students can seek funding for their research overseas, to engage in and publish research, or to engage with colleagues at key conferences.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Melbourne
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Please visit graduate course pages to find all the available courses.
- Program Period:
- 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree
- Up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree
- Deadline: If you have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships.
University of Melbourne Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year pro rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Melbourne Scholarship
To qualify for University of Melbourne Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
How to Apply for University of Melbourne Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the University of Melbourne Scholarship: