Kenya Prisons employ new recruits as constables.To qualify as constable, one must be 18 to 28 years of age, holding a minimum grade of D+ in KCSE and to qualify as cadet, one must be 18 to 30 years of age, holding a minimum grade of C+ in KCSE and a relevant bachelors degree from a recognised university;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- One should at least be 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women;
- Mentally and physically fit;
- Female candidates MUST not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire training period.
Kenya Prisons attachment/internship requirements
Yes, a student seeking for an attachment should have the following:
- A copy of the national identification card;
- 2 passport sized photo;
- Letter of introduction from the learning institution;
- Police clearance certificate;
- Medical insurance cover
thereafter, have them submitted to Prisons Headquaters for approval
The salary of Kenya Prisons Constables range between Ksh 30,000 and Ksh 45,000. For those in training,they earn Ksh 18,000 to Ksh 30,000 monthly.Those who’ve worked for more than 10 years earn above Ksh 50,000 per month.