Safaricom Salaries in Kenya
Safaricom is one of the top paying companies in Kenya. Its salaries are close to those paid by giant international companies like Google. There are many employees at Safaricom, right from receptionists, customer care to managers. There are also those employed to do sales for the company.
Safaricom is the most profitable company in East Africa, explaining why it pays employees handsomely.
Customer Care employees earn Ksh 85,000 to Ksh 150,000 per month, IT specialists and software developers earn at least Ksh180, 000 per month. These are the most valued employees at Safaricom because they do most of the work at the company.
Sales executive employees earn Ksh 35,000 to Ksh 80,000 per month. There are also those employed on commission basis.
Below is the summary of salaries paid to Safaricom employees (per month)
- Graduate trainee—Ksh 80,000 to Ksh 120,000
- Customer Care—Ksh 85,000 to Ksh130, 000
- Drivers—Ksh 55,000 to Ksh 90,000
- Procurement Manager—Ksh 400,000 to Ksh 700,000
- Software Developer—Ksh 180,000 to Ksh 450,000
- Supervisor—Ksh 250,000 to Ksh 400,000
- Branch Manager—Ksh 300,000 to Ksh500,000
- Accountant—Ksh 120,000 to Ksh200, 000
- Auditor—Ksh 350,000—Ksh 500,000
- Sales Executive—Ksh 35,000 to Ksh 80,000
- Junior Manager—Ksh 250,000 to Ksh 450,000
- Senior Manager—Ksh 400,000 to Ksh 700,000
- Director—Ksh 900,000 to Ksh 1.5 million
- Chief Finance Officer—Ksh 3.5 million to Ksh 5 million
- CEO—Ksh 10 million to Ksh 12 million
If you are a graduate and you wish to work for Safaricom, expect to earn more than Ksh80, 000 starting salary. The best position to seek is that of Graduate Trainee which require at least B+ in KCSE and Second upper Division in undergraduate.
Most employees of Safaricom are employed on permanent basis or long term contracts. The company does not retrench easily.