Many Kenyan bloggers always wonder whether they can earn up to Ksh 1 million per month from AdSense. Having been in the industry for 10 years, I can tell it’s extremely hard to earn even Ksh 200,000 per month from AdSense. The average monthly income of a blogger who is monetizing from AdSense in Kenya is Ksh 30,000.
Statistics show that only 4 blogs in Kenya earn over Ksh 1 million from AdSense every month, they include Tuko, Nation, Standard Media and Kenyans. To get into Ksh 1 million mark, a blog should attract over 1 million unique visits per day. In addition, a significant number of page views should come from Canada, USA, Australia, UK and UAE.It’s only South Africa which offer quality traffic among African countries.
Now, to earn Ksh1 million every month from AdSense, here are the things you should do:
- Ensure that most of the traffic is from USA, UK, Germany, Australia, Oman, UAE and other developed countries in Europe.
- Pick a niche with high paying cost per click. The best niches are web hosting, make money online, law, health, software, Education and mortgages.
- Post consistently, at least 5 articles per day.
- Target organic traffic, at least 60% of the traffic should come from organic searches
- Your banners should be placed near the header and within articles where click through rate is high
- Over 1 million daily page views
- Your CPC should be more than 0.10
Having achieved all this, you will see your income from AdSense rise to more than Ksh1 million per month.
But to get more than 1 million visitors per day and consistently, your site must have more than 20,000 articles where each article attracts over 10 page views daily. You should also monitor your statistics via SEMrush to see whether your site is ranked among top 10 websites in Kenya.